- Generally we are open 8:30 - 4:00 weekdays. However, with a limited number of staff and a short season to do field work, we are not in the office every day, all day. Please feel free to set up an appointment to meet with us.
- Our office is located in the Northland Office Building at 307 First St S, Suite 114, Virginia MN 55792.
Anita Provinzino, District Administrator, anita(at)nslswcd.org, 218-471-7284
Jared Ecklund, Resource Conservationist, jared(at)nslswcd.org 218-471-7285
Phil Norvitch, Water Resources Specialist, phil(at)nslswcd.org 218-471-7287
Beth Peterson, Forester, Beth.Peterson(a)southstlouisswcd.org 218-730-8002
There is also a general office email: nslswcd(at)gmail.com
North St. Louis SWCD
307 1st St S, Suite 114
Virginia, MN 55792
Mission and Services
The mission of the North St. Louis Soil and Water Conservation District is to provide local leadership and programs that protect and maintain our natural resources by assisting people and organizations to live in harmony with our environment.
North St. Louis SWCD includes all lands in St. Louis County north of but not including Township 54. See Map Here This area is approximately the northern three-quarters of St. Louis County, and contains more than three million acres.
Do you need assistance in Southern St. Louis County?
Go to Southern St. Louis County Web site.
Soil and Water Conservation Districts are political subdivisions of the State of Minnesota established for the conservation, use and development of soil, water and related resources.
Leadership and governance is provided by a board of five locally elected Supervisors. The role of the elected Supervisor is to develop policy, long-range plans and budgets. Our Board Supervisors are:
- Margaret (Peggy) Pearson, Chair (District 1)
- Gary Rantala, Vice-Chair (District 2)
- Curt Kleist, (District 3)
- Charles Bainter, Secretary (District 4)
- Mark Peterson, Treasurer (District 5)
Click here to meet the Board of Supervisors.
Monday, August 8th at 10:30 a.m.
Northland Office Building
307 1st St S, Suite 118
Virginia, MN 55972
The public is encouraged to attend.