The North St. Louis SWCD is a local agency providing conservation and resource management services. In cooperation with federal, state and local agencies, the District provides technical assistance, cost-sharing and natural resource management information and education. Urban and rural landowners, businesses, industry and agencies may request these services.
March Board Meeting: Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 12 Noon.
Resource Conservationist - Paul Ojanen
230 1st St. South, Suite 104B
Virginia, MN 55792
Find Us On Facebook Here
The mission of the North St. Louis Soil and Water Conservation District is to provide local leadership and programs that protect and maintain our natural resources by assisting people and organizations to live in harmony with our environment.
Do you need assistance in Southern St. Louis County?
Go to Southern St. Louis County Web site.
North St. Louis SWCD includes all lands in St. Louis County north of but not including Township 54. See Map Here
This area is approximately the northern three-quarters of St. Louis County,
and contains more than three million acres.
- 2014 SWCD Tree Order form - accepting orders through April 18, 2014
- 2013 - 2017 Comprehensive Plan
- Click here for 2012 northern St. Louis County snow & rainfall amounts reported by our MNGage Volunteers! 2013 amounts updated each quarter - click here to review most recently reported measurements.
- Check out current Weather Highlights from the MN Climatology Working Group
- Visit the MN DNR Groundwater Data website for information in your area.
Soil and Water Conservation Districts are political subdivisions of the State of Minnesota established for the conservation, use and development of soil, water and related resources.
Leadership and governance is provided by a board of five locally elected Supervisors. The role of the elected Supervisor is to develop policy, long-range plans and budgets. Our five Supervisors (Nomination District) include: Chair, Peggy Pearson (District 1), Vice-Chair, Gary Rantala (District 2), Sec./Treasurer, Open(District 3), Charles Bainter (District 4), Mark Peterson (District 5).
Click here to meet the Board of Supervisors.